Welcome to My Blog!


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will be writing mostly about rubberstamping and paper crafts. I will also be adding a few fun stories from work.

I work at a doctors office. Our patients say and do some of the cutest and funniest things. All my stories are good intentioned, never to actually harm or make fun of my patients or their conditions. I am the first person to make fun of myself and share the silly and sometimes stupid things I do.


Sunday, October 30, 2011

Womans Survival Kit

I spent today making Women's Survival Kits that I will be selling at the next craft bazaar and maybe online at Etsy.  I made a prototype a couple of weeks ago and took to work to show the gals. I made it with a scored piece of cardstock with ribbons.   It was "okay".   I was asked to make a kit for one of the gals at work to giver to her sister.  I used an envelope sealed, then cut at the end, like at Splitcoast last week or so.  This too was "okay".
 
Today I made 30 kits. I really like what I made today.  I switched to using some small bags I bought a year or so for my nieces wedding, but didn't use.  My husband was happy I was using supplies I aleardy had.

Supplies used: 
Party Bag; ribbon, stamps, ink,card stock, printer (for poem), adhesive, hole punch, bling and most importantly M&M's.

These are the small bags I used. They are 3 1/2 wide and 6 3/4 tall.  



Stamp both sides of the bag.  After printing the poem, use a corner rounder on all corners. 


I sponged it the poem, because the white bag and poem paper 
are 2 different colors.  I used pink in this picture.
To apply poem to the bag, apply adhesive completely around the paper to ensure it will stay on the bag.

Aligned the poem with the natural fold at the bottom of the bag.


Fold the top of the bag, then punch holes for the ribbon.

Place M&M' in bag.
Pull the ribbon through one hole out the other to the bottom of the bag.  Cut.  This should be enough ribbon to tie nice bow.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment