Welcome to My Blog!


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will be writing mostly about rubberstamping and paper crafts. I will also be adding a few fun stories from work.

I work at a doctors office. Our patients say and do some of the cutest and funniest things. All my stories are good intentioned, never to actually harm or make fun of my patients or their conditions. I am the first person to make fun of myself and share the silly and sometimes stupid things I do.


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brayered Cards

Yesterday was a half day at work.  I was able to come home and get creative.  I decided to make my favorite type of card - A Brayered Card.

I decided to make a beach card.  I tried to take pictures along the way.  I made a total of three cards- to see them look at the last set of pictures.


Supplies: 
~White glossy paper     ~Sticky note     ~Stamps     ~Brayer     ~Sponges
~Several blue inks         ~Versamark     ~Scrap paper     ~White gel  pen
~Yellow or orange ink    ~Heat Gun       ~Fantastix "pen"


  • Put scrap paper down to cover workspace.
  • Stamp image on sticky note, positioning so that part of the "sticky" is still on the back side of the paper.  Or use a 2 way glue, letting become tacky. 
  • Cut the image out just inside the outer edge.  This will help prevent a white outline around the stamped image after brayering.
  • Stamp image on white glossy paper using Versamark ink.

  • Cover image with embossing powder. Turn paper over and tap on the back to remove any extra power.  Any/all extra powder on paper.  A small paintbrush works well.
  • Heat the embossing powder until shiny.
  • Cover embossed image with sticky note image.
  • Starting with lightest blue ink, evenly coat brayer.  Roll brayer over paper.  I find it is best to roll in one direction only to prevent the ink from re-covering the brayer.
  • Continue to evenly coat the brayer with ink and roll on the paper until you obtain the colors you want. 
  • Cover Fantastix "pen"(Q-tip will also work) with yellow/orange ink (I used Apricot appeal) lightly color the area where the light will shine out.
  • Remove the sticky note covering the embossed image.  Color the light inside the light house.

  • Using white gel pen, draw in waves- I used shaky lines.  I covered the rock area under the lighthouse to look like waves crashing on the rock.
  • Let dry completely or use heat gun to dry inks on paper.
  • Mat on cardstock.
  • Admire your work of art!  
If you would like me to email you larger pictures, just let me know.
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, these are beautiful!

    I'm a new-ish blogger & I would love it if you stopped by my blog, there's not a lot on there yet (I'm a chicken about posting my creations, but I'm hoping making some online friends will help push me to post them)!!!

    I also have a blog candy giveaway going on right now!

    ~Ola
    zloe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete