Welcome to My Blog!


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will be writing mostly about rubberstamping and paper crafts. I will also be adding a few fun stories from work.

I work at a doctors office. Our patients say and do some of the cutest and funniest things. All my stories are good intentioned, never to actually harm or make fun of my patients or their conditions. I am the first person to make fun of myself and share the silly and sometimes stupid things I do.


Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Birthday card for my father.

I tried to make a simple card for my father last night.  I did succeed, but it took me 3 hours! Only because I was trying to make the card between TV commercials. 


My favorite shows were on last night.  There are not too many shows I am a "real follower" of so I have been trying to turn the TV off or have music playing when those favorite shows are not on.

I have a harder time making card for Guys than I do for Girls.  As I was browsing online I saw this sketch, so I thought I would use it as my starting place for a masculine card.

The paper is so shiny, it was quite the challenge to get a good photo.


Recipe

Blue paper (lightest) ~ The Paper Company Seaside collection
           4 1/2" x 5 1/4" card base
           2 1/4 "x 1 1/8"  rectangle in center
           A little bigger than 4" x 1 1/4" for die cut
Alpine Socks ~ KI Memories 
           2 1/4" x1 3/4"     4 pieces  
Brown ~ The Shimmer Stack by DCXV
           2 1/2" x1 15/16"     4 pieces  
Die cut
          Fancy Labels ~ Spellbinders
     
Close to Cocoa Ink ~ Stampin' Up 

Sincere Salutations stamp  ~ Stampin' Up

Scor-Tape  adhesive

Dimensional ~ Stampin" Up

Sponge
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The concept is easy. 
  1. Stack the printed paper (Alpine socks) on top of the solid paper (brown shimmer). 
  2. Place on card base evenly spaced 2 high x 2 wide. 
  3. Make die cut (Fancy Labels by Spellbinders).
  4. Adhere in center of card. 
  5. Cut center piece for label.
  6. Stamp "Happy Birthday" on center piece.
  7. Sponge Close to Cocoa around edges of center piece.
  8. Adhere dimensionals on back of "Happy Birthday" center piece , place in center of label.
  9. Admire your GREAT work of art!


1 comment:

  1. This is such a pretty card! It's nice and masculine and it's hard for me to make these cards too. I love the Spellbinders label die you used.I'm sure your father will be thrilled when he gets this card! Have a great day!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete