Welcome to My Blog!


Thank you for stopping by my blog. I will be writing mostly about rubberstamping and paper crafts. I will also be adding a few fun stories from work.

I work at a doctors office. Our patients say and do some of the cutest and funniest things. All my stories are good intentioned, never to actually harm or make fun of my patients or their conditions. I am the first person to make fun of myself and share the silly and sometimes stupid things I do.


Monday, January 3, 2011

Storing My Handmade Cards

On Splitcoast Stampers forum, someone asked how everyone stored their handmade cards.  So, I thought this would be a great thing for here.

I like to store my cards in a plastic container.  I do not usually buy Steralite containers, but the 6 quart size is great for storing my cards.  Since it it plastic it keeps the cards dry from moisture as well as keeping out dust and debris. 

It is wide enough the cards do not bend and are easy to move because it is not tight.  The container is also tall enough with the lid on without bending the top of the cards or the envelopes.  I just used my label maker and simple 5x7 index cards from the office supply store for dividers.  Eventually I will decorate the dividers, but for now functionality in best. 

In the pictures my pictures the cards are leaning back, because I just cleaned out my card supply to donate to "Granny's Attic".  Granny's Attic is a volunteer only staffed thrift store for the hospital I work for. 



Since I have cleaned enough of my craft room I can move around, I will be working on a birthday card for my father tonight.


Nothing too funny happened at work, but then we only had 4 patients.  It was a half day with a late start.  We had 2 no show patients and one that called to reschedule due to illness.  It always amazes me that people call our office and demand an appointment as soon as possible because they are in pain, but then cancel or no show their appointment.  but it did make it an easy day for me.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment